As a seller, I think given the massive number of new low-fee or no-fee services that have popped up in Victoria over the past 5 years, you could be forgiven for being more skeptical and inclined to sell-by-owner. Especially in a seller's market. I can't imagine FSBO-type sites doing well in buyer's markets.
Apart from the connections that the Realtor network provides, what are the other major benefits that a realtor can give you that you couldn't research or pay fee-for-service yourself?
I've been trying to source out all the private, non-Realtor websites for house hunting in Victoria.
- BC for sale by owner 6 active listings in Victoria (they claim 18)
- For sale by owner Canada no Victoria listings
- ForSaleByOwner.ca no Victoria listings
- PropertySold.ca 2 listings
- ByTheOwner.com 71 Victoria listings
- PropertyGuys.com 14 Victoria listings
- HomeSellCanada 2 listings
- BC Homes for sale 11 Victoria listings
- FSBO BC
Please fill in any blanks I am missing.
Hunt Update: drove by a bunch of new condo developments this weekend. Reflections in Langford is definitely untouched in weeks... if building is happening, they do a great job of removing evidence for the weekend.
Tuesday will be a rental hunting day. We'll start with links to the online sources of rental listings. Give me hints if you know of good ones, please.